There are different beaches and areas to practice different aquatic sports along its coast, the most known and popular are:
Cabarete Beach, the main area located in the Cabarete city center, is ideal to practice kitesurf, wing foil, windsurf and also stand up paddle surf, thanks to its location and the many schools that you can find right on the beach.
Kite Beach is located 2 km away from Cabarete, and it is famous for its strong winds and big waves, which are perfect to practice kitesurfing and surfing.
Encuentro Beach is located 6.9 kms away from Cabarete Bay. Playa Encuentro is the most consistent surf spot in the Dominican Republic and pleases surfers of all levels.
• The Main Peak Consistent, popular spot, suitable for intermediate to advanced surfers. Powerful, long right and left-hand waves.
• Bobo’s Point Reef break, more challenging and faster waves, attracting experienced surfers.
• Coco Pipe A mix of left and right-hand waves, suitable for intermediate surfers, less crowded.
• The Right Powerful right-hand waves, an excellent choice for regular-footed surfers.
• The Left Fast and hollow left-handed reef break, very shallow with sharp rocks and coral. Breaks on any swell but with a NW direction and low tide it breaks to perfection.
La Boca is an area located 7 km away from Cabarete, and it is the spot to be for all wakeboard lovers.